Every Biology student wants to become a Doctor but they don’t know there have so many career options for biology students after 12th. In India, many students take the NEET exam, earn good grades, and pass this exam in the hope to become one of the best doctors, but their grades are insufficient to get them into their preferred college, or on the other side of the coin, some students may not want to pursue MBBS.
So, the question arises, if the child has biology, does he/she have any other options besides MBBS? Let us consider some of these key questions that many students wish to know the answers to: –
- What all alternatives do Biology students have?
- Where can we get an MBBS degree if we want to pursue it?
- Is it true that these courses are exclusively available in India?
- Which university and country would you go to for MBBS if you choose to go abroad? Etc.
So, here we are going to explain the top 10 best Career Options for Biology Students after 12 in India.
MBBS – Best career options for biology students after 12th
The majority of biology students aspire to pass the MBBS exam. We already know that through NEET Exam, candidates get selected for the MBBS courses. Let us now discuss which government colleges offer the best MBBS courses.
- AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post-graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry
- Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
There are some private colleges in addition to government colleges. When a student misses his/her chance to get into a government college, one may opt for a private university. The following are the top five private colleges for MBBS: –
- Christian Medical College, Tamil Nadu
- Kasturba Medical College, Karnataka
- Sri Ramchandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Science and Research, Delhi
- M S Ramaiah College, Bangalore
Are these institutions, however, limited to India? Students in India find the tuition of private colleges to be quite costly, which is why many Indian students opt to purchase MBBS courses outside of India.
However, there is one bummer: if you completed your MBBS outside of India and wish to practice medicine in India, you must first take another exam in India, after which you will be granted permission to practice your medicine. The following are some top choices to pursue MBBS outside of India: –
- Shantou University, China
- Kunming Medical University, China
- Altai State Medical University, Russia
- AMA School of Medicine, Philippines
- Kuban State Medical University, Russia
BDS – Popular career option for biology students.
I’m sure you want to know about other possibilities besides MBBS. So, let us discuss the second alternative, i.e., BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery). It is also a viable career choice. Furthermore, BDS is also chosen through NEET. Let’s take a look at some of the best colleges for BDS.
- Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, Delhi
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- Manipal College of Dental Science, Karnataka
- Institute of Medical Science, BHU, Varanasi
Homeopathy – Courses in Biology after 12th, except MBBS.
You’ve probably heard that there are two types of medicine: allopathy and homeopathy. You can also study homeopathy and become a doctor. This is another degree that you can obtain from college. You will be chosen as a doctor based on your NEET and CET scores (Common Entrance Test of States and Universities).
At various government and private homeopathic hospitals, one can work as a Medical Officer or a Doctor after obtaining this degree.
The top colleges of homeopathy are: –
- Lokmanya Homeopathic Medical College, Pune
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- National Institute of Homeopathy, Kolkata
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Homeopathy Medical College, Pune
BAMS – Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery.
You can enroll in “Ayurveda – BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)” if you wish to do something other than allopathy or homeopathy. India is the birthplace of this medical science. Although Ayurveda is not as widely practiced in India, as in other nations.
This science is respected in many developed countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, etc. Overall, BAMS is seen as a promising career path. Its Natural Treatment and Healing System is well-known and respected across the world. People used Ayurvedic treatments even throughout the Corona time, coupled with modern science.
Some top colleges for BAMS are: –
- Institute of Medical Science (IMS), Varanasi
- National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Health Science, Bangalore
- Gujrat Ayurved University, Gujrat
BPT – Best Scope and Career option for Biology Students.
BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy) is another excellent job option in the medical area; you can enter this field by passing the CET (common entry test) or by using your class 12th results.
Best Institution for this course is: –
- Apollo College of Physiotherapy, Hyderabad.
- Indian Institute of Health Education and Research, Patna
- JSS College of Physiotherapy, Mysore
- M Medical College, Indore
BVSc – Veterinary is a great job and has a great career in India.
Animals, on the other hand, naturally cure themselves to a large extent, but we still need veterinary specialists for a range of obvious reasons. As a result, this is a very significant and important professional choice. BVSc also requires candidates to be selected through the NEET and CET exams.
The following are the top BVSv colleges in the country: –
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Uttar Pradesh
- Apollo College of Veterinary Medicine, Jaipur
- Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Science College of Veterinary, Punjab
- Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Tamil Nadu
B Pharma – Good career option for Biology students.
If you’re a B Pharma, you can either manufacture drugs/medicines on your own or work for another pharmaceutical company. Its selection will also be based on the CET Exam or on your Class 12th results. About its leading colleges, they are as follows: –
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- BITS Pilani, Rajasthan
B. Sc Biotechnology – Careers after BSc in biotechnology
In today’s world, there is a lot of demand for biotechnology, both within and outside of India. So, of course, it means a great deal; you can choose your job path entirely based on it. You can apply for this by performing well on the CET Exam or in your Class 12th grades.
Let’s take a look at the best colleges.
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Fergusson College, Pune
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
BSc Zoology or BSc Botany
Many instructors originate from this area, so it’s a fantastic place to start if you’re considering a career in education.
After completing their B.Sc Zoology degree, students can also work with the Indian Forest Service (IFS), animal biodiversity research, wildlife conservation, environmental management, bioinformatics, and ecosystem monitoring, etc.
Students who obtain a B.Sc. in Botany, on the other hand, can pursue careers in farming consulting, environmental consulting, plant pathology, and molecular biology, among other fields.
The following are some of the best universities in the country these courses:
- Miranda College, Delhi
- Hindu College, Delhi
- Gargi College, Delhi
- BHU, Varanasi
BSc Forensic Science
A bachelor of science degree in the forensic science discipline is known as a B.Sc in Forensic Science. It’s a specialized course for people who want to work in forensics.